AP French Language and Culture
The AP French Language and Culture course is designed to promote proficiency in French and to enable you to explore culture in contemporary and historical contexts.
- Focuses on communication: You will demonstrate your skills and abilities in the Interpersonal, Interpretive and Presentational modes of communication.
- In Interpersonal Communication, you engage in conversations, express ideas, and exchange opinions using both spoken and written French
- In Interpretive Communication, you understand and interpret written and spoken French on a variety of topics
- In Presentational Communication, you present information and ideas using spoken and written French to an audience
- Encourages cultural awareness: You will develop an understanding and appreciation of various aspects of the cultures of the French-speaking world including:
- Cultural Products such as television and film, books, newspapers, music, laws, and institutions
- Cultural Practices such as customs, traditions, and patterns of interactions
- Cultural Perspectives such as values, attitudes, and beliefs
- Incorporates themes: You will study a variety of topics in interesting, meaningful and engaging contexts.
- Global Challenges
- Science and Technology
- Contemporary Life
- Personal and Public Identities
- Families and Communities
- Beauty and Aesthetics
Instructional content will reflect interests shared by you and your teacher (the arts, current events, literature, sports, and so forth). In addition to textbooks, materials might include websites, podcasts, films, newspapers, magazines, and literature.
The course helps you develop language skills that can be applied beyond the French course in further French study and everyday life.
Links to More AP Pages
If you did, it can help you find the courses that are the best fit for you.
Talk to your counselor about taking the course online through an approved provider.