About the Exam
Exam Day 2017
The exam is 2 hours and 10 minutes long and has two sections — multiple choice and free-response.
Section I: Multiple Choice | 60 Questions | 1 hour and 10 minutes | 66% of Exam Score
- Questions require the use of economics content knowledge and reasoning across the range of course topics.
- Some questions require analysis of different hypothetical situations.
Section II: Free-Response | 3 Questions | 1 hour (includes 10-minute reading period) | 33% of Exam Score
- 1 long free-response question (50% of section score)
- 2 short free-response questions (each worth 25% of section score)
- Questions ask you to analyze unique scenarios using different course concepts.
- Some questions in the free-response section require graphical analysis.