AP Spanish Language and Culture
The AP Spanish Language and Culture course is comparable to a high intermediate or advanced low level college or university Spanish language course. Emphasizing the use of Spanish for active communication in real life tasks, it focuses on developing your abilities in the three modes of communication (Interpretive, Interpersonal, and Presentational) and strengthening your cultural competencies through theme-based instruction based on a variety of authentic resources, such as: newspapers, magazines, podcasts, blogs, advertisements, television programs, films, music, video clips, and literature, Grammar and vocabulary are developed through contextualized study.
The course objectives are to help you:
- understand Spanish spoken by native speakers at a natural pace, with a variety of regional pronunciations;
- develop the ability to interpret audio, audio-visual and written authentic sources in Spanish without dependence on a dictionary;
- engage in active two way conversations in Spanish using appropriate register and communication strategies;
- present your opinions and view points, develop arguments and express yourself by describing, narrating, and inquiring in Spanish, both orally and in writing, with reasonable fluency, using different strategies for different audiences and communicative contexts;
- understand the significance of an array of cultural products, practices and perspectives from around the Spanish- speaking world and make comparisons of them to those in your own community
Links to More AP Pages
If you did, it can help you find the courses that are the best fit for you.
Talk to your counselor about taking the course online through an approved provider.