Fees and Fee Reductions
The fee for each AP Exam is $92.
The fee for exams administered at schools outside of the United States, U.S. territories and commonwealths, and Canada, with the exception of U.S. Department of Defense Dependents Schools (DoDDS), is $122 per exam.
Fees for exams taken at authorized test centers outside the United States vary.
- Your school may require you to pay a higher fee to cover proctoring and administration costs.
- If you are approved to take an alternate exam during the late-testing period, you may be required to pay an additional $45 per exam late-testing fee.
- If you paid for an AP Exam but then decided not to take it, you may ask your AP Coordinator for a refund. Local school policy determines the amount of the refund. You will probably be required to pay the $15 fee the school is charged for each unused exam. However, once you begin an exam — that is, write on an exam booklet or answer sheet or play an exam CD — you cannot receive a refund.
- If your school is participating in AP Capstone in 2015-16, the fee for AP Seminar and AP Research is $139 each (including schools outside the U.S., U.S. territories and commonwealths, and Canada).
- Once you submit any performance assessment task component as final in the AP Capstone Digital Portfolio and/or start the end-of-course exam, the full exam fee of $139 will be charged. If an exam was ordered for you but you never submitted any performance assessment tasks as final or started the end-of-course exam, you will probably be required to pay the $15 fee that the school is charged for each unused exam.
If you have significant financial need, you may be eligible for a $30 College Board fee reduction per AP Exam, depending on the state in which you attend school. Most states provide federal or state funds or both to supplement the College Board fee reduction, and reduce your cost even further. Check with your AP Coordinator to learn more about eligibility requirements for College Board fee reductions, state and district subsidies, and other support that may be available.